Tag Archives: magento
You will see how to do Time to First Byte (TTFB) optimization and Frontend optimization.
- WooCommerce is now the most popular e-commerce framework out there! Follow my personal analysis of Top 30k Shopping websites to find out why.
- Magento Community Edition released 126.96.36.199 earlier this year and the newest release of 188.8.131.52 is now available to be downloaded from the site. This includes an array of updates and inclusions from the developer community all thanks to the community hackathons that have been taking place. Some of the most impressive things to look forward to with the release include tax calculations, security enhancements, and functional improvements.
- Need to change price precision in magento? Here is how...
- Need to overwite some files in lib directory? Here is how...
- How to modify product price according to some arithmetic formula? In magento you can do this easily with the help of this little extension - read on.
- Learn how to remove Powered by Webforms annoying message in Webforms Community Edition magento extension.
- One of the ways to reduce magento store page load time would be to implement full page cache. Using that technic you would be able to serve whole pages directly from cache and not initialize magento rendering calls on every page request. read on to find out more.
- Need to create several shopping cart price rules using just one coupon code? Now it is possible in magento with GoIvvy_OneCode free extension.
- Need to display product count next to category name in top menu? Here is how.
Turning on ssl in magento admin pages requires extra effort.
You can encounter infinite redirect loop when turning on ssl in magento admin area. Here is how to fix it.
Here is how to manually change magento admin password.
Based on my experience and questions i answered on magento community board i decided to compose Magento Developer Cheat Sheet - a bunch of commands you as a magento develop would find useful.
In order to run magento 1.3.x.x under php 5.3 you need to make some changes to core files: comment out __toString method in lib/Varien/Object.php, replace split function with explode, replace eregi and ereg with preg_match, replace ereg_replace with preg_replace and remove & sign before new.
Magento 1.6.x, 1.7.x releases have that annoying "Reminder: Change Magento`s default phone numbers and callouts before site launch"bug that comes from invalid notifications.magentocommerce.com/community/notifications.rss file. There is a bug report #26507 assigned in September 2011 and magento team still in the process of fixing it. In the mean time here is how to patch your magento installation.
Items 1 to 20 of 24 total